Senior Lecturer in Structural Dynamics at Loughborough University.
Programme Director for Undergraduate Automotive Engineering [2015-2023].
Department of Aeronautical and Automotive Engineering, Loughborough University, Loughborough, LE11 3TU.
- Ultrasonic transducer design for efficiency
- Real time electric motor simulation for NVH
- Active noise cancellation for UAVs and drones
- 3D spatial active noise cancellation for environmental benefit
- Automotive tyre vibration, tyre friction, tyre tread dynamics
- Tyre / road interaction noise
- Off road tyre traction and soil modelling
- Novel damping methods for plate vibrations
- Metamaterials for acoustic wave attenuation
- Vibration characteristics of multilayer materials
- Propagation of flexural, Lamb and Rayleigh waves in inhomogeneous materials
- Ultrasonic wave propagation through inhomogeneous materials
- Boundary element methods for acoustics
- Stability of vehicles on moving platforms
- Transient surge noise in turbocharged engines
- Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) design incorporating variability
- MEng(Hons) in Mechanical Engineering; University of Bristol
- PhD in Engineering, University of Cambridge
- Employment, Defence Evaluation and Research Agency (1999 - 2001)
- Employment, Research Associate at the University of Cambridge (2005-2008)
- Employment, Research Associate at Loughborough University (2008-2011)
- Employment, Lecturer at Loughborough University (2011 - present)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Authority (HEA)
- CEng, Chartered Engineer and Member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (2008-2019 resigned)
- ORCID id: 0000-000208189-4063
- LinkedIn profile:
- Work publication page: Journal publications
- Google Scholar page: Dan O'Boy at Google Scholar
- Co-Manager of the final year projects
- Lecturer in Group Design (4th year undergraduates)
- Lecturer in Structural Vibration (4th year undergraduates)
- Lecturer in Noise Control (3rd year undergraduates)
- Lecturer in Machine Elements and Automotive Materials (2nd year undergraduates)
- Lecturer in Dynamics (2nd year undergraduates)
- Lecturer in Engineering Mechanics (1st year undergraduates)
- Tutorial supervisor in Dynamics
- Tutorial supervisor in Mechanics
- Tutorial supervisor in Linear Algebra and vector calculus
The use of this website contains an implicit agreement accepting the terms and conditions. Should you not wish to proceed with this agreement, please leave this site.
This website is provided as a personal summary and does not reflect the views of any organisation. No liability is accepted for the accuracy of any information available on this site.
The terms and conditions cover the intellectual property rights for any material on the site, the limitations for downloading and copying material, reproducing or editing information.
The limit of liability and the legal jurisdiction are also covered by the full terms and conditions. These can be viewed by clicking on this link.